- Must be a Utah resident.
- Artists may submit up to (2) original works, the entry fee is $15 per submission.
- Original works of 2D and 3D art created by the artist within the past two (2) years in the following media:
- Decoritive (glass, wearable art, etc.)
- Sculpture (3D, glass, ceramics, woodworking, etc.)
- Works on paper (drawing, illustration, graphics, prints)
- All works must be gallery-wall ready. 2D works are required to have a wire backing. Unless prearranged, work(s) will not be accepted at the drop-off without wire backing.
- 3D artworks cannot exceed six (6) feet and 150 pounds.
- Works completed under the direction of a teacher during a class or workshop may not be entered.
- Artwork previously exhibited in the President's Art Show may not be submitted.
Up to three (3) images per submission may be submited. If the original work is a series, one image must illustrate how the series should be shown as a whole. If accepted, provided image of work as a whole will be used as-is in the art show catalog.
- Digital images should be submitted in .jpg format (resolution of 300 dpi).
- File size must be limited to 4MB.
- Images should not include framing and matting.
- Images should depict color as accurately as possible.
- Images must be oriented correctly.
Artworks must be submitted through ArtCall by September 18, 2020 for consideration. The digital image(s) submited is juried by the SLCC Art Committee based upon the following criteria:
- Body of Work: How well the images represent a point of view.
- Artist Theme: Design, vision, creativity and originality.
- Technical Execution: Technique, skill, degree of difficulty, matery of materials used.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance by October 9.
The President's Art Show is an annual, juried show with a total of $5,000 in prize money. More details about the reception will be forthcoming.
Selected by SLCC President Deneece G. Huftalin
President's Award $1,000
Selected by honorary art community represenative
Community Award $1,000
Selected by Dennis Klaus, VP for Finance & Administration Emeritus
Dennis Klaus Honorary Award ($500)
Selected by three local art professionals and/or artists
Best In Show $1,500
2nd place $500
3rd place $500
Artwork may be sold at a 25% commission paid to SLCC President's Art Show.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP
The artist or an artist representative must be able to drop-off and pick-up artwork at the South City Campus location. SLCC will not accept mailed or shipped items. All artworks must be ready to hang with a wire backing, no assembly or installation required by SLCC Staff.
Accepted artworks must be delivered to the Multipurpose Room on Wednesday, October 28 (8AM - 8PM). Following the President's Art Show, artworks must be picked up on Wednesday, November 18 (3 - 8 PM) or Thursday, November 19 (8 AM - 1 PM). For any art that is not picked up, the College will make every attempt to contact the artist. Art that has not been claimed by Friday, December 4 will become property of SLCC Art Committee.
Artwork that is in the care, custody and control of the college is covered by Salt Lake Community College's insurance policy.
If accepted, the artwork and artist details will be used as stated in the submission and no changes can be made to information after the Call For Entry deadline. Please ensure accuracy of artist information and artwork details (including list-price), as this information will be published if the artwork is accepted. Accepted artwork not accurately depicted may be rejected by the curator at the time of exhibit installation. Work that is not accepted into the show is not eligible for refund.